Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010

I literally am bagged ... thought I'd post a few pictures. I have had two GREAT days at UBC...yesterday was the best so far. I was posted with my team in the media and VIP section in the bowl...basically I had 10 hosts stationed throughout the stadium in the area where media and VIPs sit...it was a piece of cake. All we did was watch the game (Canada versus Sweden...it was a blow-out...13-1 I think?)...Donald Sutherland was seated in our VIP section. So was John Furlong...and also Sir Richard Bransen. I did talk to Donald Sutherland at one point...some spectators had made their way to where he was sitting at intermission and asked him for his autograph, so he signed their jerseys and posed for pictures. I quietly asked him afterwards if he'd rather us try to keep spectators to the side and he said "No way! It's no problem at all!" He was really nice.

Then during the next intermission, John Furlong comes up to myself and three other volunteers and shakes our hands and pats us on the backs and tells us what a great job we are doing and thanks so much for volunteering...it was really nice to hear it from the head honcho himself! Made my week for sure!

Here are some photos from tonight...Kirk, Mom, Liz and I took Katrina and Emma to the Victory Ceremonies at BC Place...I took the bus over from my 7:30-4pm shift at UBC. I still had my volunteer uniform on, so of course I was asked directional questions the whole way to BC Place! Good thing Kirk told me how to get there, ha ha! We met up with our good friends from Kelowna prior to the night's events, which was neat (they had tickets to the Victory Ceremonies too)...tonight we saw Shaun White get his gold medal for USA...lots of other events were celebrated too. Canada won a silver medal yesterday as well, so that was neat to watch. But, of course, the best part of the night was seeing Christine Nesbitt get her gold medal for Canada. It was SO AMAZING to have BC Place all in red/white and belting out "Oh Canada" -- many people at the top of their lungs! I, of course, had tears running down my face! It was a great moment to be part of...how many people get to see a gold medal ceremony in person??!!


Cheering at BC Place tonight


One of yesterday's games



Posing while the Zamboni cleans the ice

1 comment:

  1. I would have been 'tickled pink' to have seen Sir Richard!! Woot! Woot!

    ReplyDelete